Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Kishaz Reading Corner: Lair of the Lion by Christine Feehan


About the Book

Lair of the Lion is a  dark-edged and enthralling take on the beloved “Beauty and the Beast” fairy tale. It is the breathtaking story of a beautiful, penniless aristocrat who promises herself to the handsome, powerful, mysterious, and not wholly human Don Nicolai DeMarco in order to free her imprisoned brother—even though legend has it that the Don will destroy any woman he weds.

Buy the Book


Here's what I'm giving it:

Rating: 4.5 stars

Here's why:

Disclaimer: I got this book from the public library and have received no compensation from the author or publisher for this honest review.

My paranormal romance reads so far this last half of the year have not been disappointing. See, browsing a library can bring good things your way.

This is not one of her more recent works (Lair of the Lion was published in 2010) but it still has all the hallmarks of Feehan's style that I enjoy.

The heroine in this story is not shrinking violet which was fun to watch as she pitted her will against the hero/antihero, Don Nicolai DeMarco's "cursed" existence. The characters were complex and pretty well developed so that I didn't feel like I was reading about "token fodder" for the sake of the plot.

There were a few twists that I honestly didn't see coming and can't list because they would spoil the book.

Would I recommend this? Yes, especially for those who love saucy heroines.

No comments:

Post a Comment