Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge 2014: June part 1



Disclaimer: I received no compensation from the author or publisher for this honest review.

About the Book

This is book 4 in the New York Times and USA Today bestselling Accidentally Yours paranormal romance series. 

Meet Dr. Antonio Acero. Heir to Spain's wealthiest family, world-renowned physicist, and dedicated bachelor. While on vacation in southern Mexico, Antonio discovers an ancient Mayan tablet. Local legends say it contains magical properties, properties that could put his stalling research on the map.

But is this really his lucky break?

When Antonio attempts to put the tablet to use, he'll discover that Fate has other plans. Her name is Ixtab, and she's quite possibly the deadliest deity who ever lived.

Buy the Book


Here's what I'm giving it:

Rating:  DNF / 2 stars

Here's why:

I tried to get into this book and failed. I think part of the problem might be that I've not read any of the other books in the series and so was lost from the get-go about what was transpiring.

The other problem was there are two or three different storylines running all at once, and while I don't normally have an issue with following multiple plot lines, the set-up for these was very, very confusing. I didn't feel connected to the characters at all.

Would I recommend it? Only to those that have already read it's predecessors.

No comments:

Post a Comment