Sunday, June 29, 2014

Kishaz Reading Corner: Beauty Dates the Beast


Disclaimer: I received no compensation from the author or publisher for this honest review.

About the Book


WANTED
Single human female to join charming, wealthy, single male were-cougar for a night of romantic fun—and maybe more.

Me: The tall, sensuous, open-minded leader of my clan.

You: A deliciously curvy virgin who’s intimately familiar with what goes bump in the night. Must not be afraid of a little tail. Prefer a woman who’s open to exploring her animal nature. Interest in nighttime walks through the woods a plus.

My turn-ons include protecting you from the worst the supernatural world has to offer. Ready for an adventure? Give me a call.

Vampires and doppelgangers need not apply.

Buy the Book


Here's what I'm giving it:

Rating: 3 stars

Here's why:

I picked up this title because I thought it might be a retelling and/or new version of the classic Beauty and the Beast fairy tale. Sadly, I was in for a little disappointment but that didn't deter me from reading this paranormal romance.

I think what I liked the most was Bathsheba's and Beau's wit. They played well off each other, even when Bathsheba was being guarded. I also liked the fact that Bathsheba was protective of her sibling and wanted what was best for her.

Some things that drove me nuts about the story was the first-person viewpoint. I'm not a fan of this style but I will read them when they are done well. The approach for this story was just okay for me. I did get tired of reading the story from Bathsheba's point of view the entire time.

Also the ending was a bit of a letdown along with some confusion as to how they arrived at the conclusion that they did to take care of some of the problems that popped up during the story.

Would I recommend this? Perhaps to those who are already readers of the genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment