Monday, March 17, 2014

Kishaz Reading Corner: Knight of a Trillion Stars


Disclaimer: I received no compensation from the author or publisher for this honest review.

About the Book

Imagine returning from work to find him in your living room? 

It has been a horrible day for Deanna Jones. She’s fired from her job– and that turns out to be the highpoint of her day.

Good thing she found the weird-looking necklace in a junk shop by the parking lot…or is it?

When she finally gets home, a six foot four inch knight is sitting in her living room! The hunk looks like every woman’s fantasy of the perfect hero, but what is he doing in her cottage?

Well, he’s on a very important quest, of course. But she’ll find that out soon enough.

Poor Deanna Jones is about to be swept into an amazing, epic journey across time and space… leading straight to the heart.

Buy the Book


Here's what I'm giving it:

Rating:  3.5 stars

Here's why:

There were several things I liked about the story and a couple that annoyed me. Let's start with those that annoyed me and go from there.

1) Some of Deanna's reactions. I know that statement is rather vague but at the risk of spoiling moments in the story, that will have to suffice. I will say that if I came home and some strange man was in my house, I would not have reacted like Deanna. And, there are moments when the character becomes a little two-dimensional which threw me while reading.

2) The over "alpha"-fulness of Lorgan. There's alpha male and then there's domineering/jerk. I spent most of the novel either hating Lorgan (the main romantic lead) and sometimes liking his softer side. Color me too modern but I don't think if I were a damsel in distress I would want him coming to my rescue.

Now on to what I liked about the story.

1) The secondary characters. For me, Rejar, Lorgan's brother, stole the show. His wit and snappy comebacks kept the story alive when it lagged in spots.

Also the wizard who reminded Deanna of Merlin was another breath of fresh air.

2) The Con scene. I won't say anymore. For those of us who have attend Cons of any type, you'll understand why I found that scene in the book hilarious.

3) Description of the various worlds. I enjoyed the changes in scenery and the author's descriptions of the various areas the characters visited.

Recommend? Yes, I would recommend this one. If you are a feminist, then steer clear because this heroine is not one you'll like.

No comments:

Post a Comment