Thursday, February 6, 2014

Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge 2014: January


When I saw this challenge it was one I was glad to take. I decided to go for the Gold challenge (50 Books). All my reviews will be posted on this blog. (I originally was going to post to my secondary blog, Indie Author How-to.)

Here is my first one of the challenge.

Disclaimer: I received no compensation from Netgalley, the author or publisher for this honest review.


About the Book


The last thing dragon shifter Stig Wyvern needs is his dead friend's kid sister showing up on his doorstep, especially since he's just minutes away from entering a mating phase. Sharing his isolated house with the young woman he's desperately lusted after for quite some time is a recipe for disaster.

But Cora Cardenas has nowhere else to go. She's in deep trouble with some really nasty people and Stig is the only one who can protect her. That he's deliciously sexy and makes her tingle with the simplest of smiles is an added bonus.

Cora quickly realizes Stig is hiding something from her. To make matters worse, she's plagued with breathtakingly naughty dreams starring a shadowed lover who bears a startling resemblance to her host. And what the hell is going on in the basement at night?

Stig needs to get Cora out of his house but his inner beast has other ideas. He's found his mate and she's not going anywhere.

Word count: 25,000 words.

Buy the Book


Here's what I'm giving it:

Rating: 3 stars

Here's why:



***I received this book from Netgalley without compensation for an honest review.***

This short novella was a quick read once I settled down and read the book. The scenes were steamy between the two main characters and if you're looking for a hot, quick read, this story is for you.

If you keep in mind that this book is a novella at 128 pages, you will be able to overlook some of the missing explanations for the plot.

I read this book because it has dragons and that are shapeshifters, two of my favorite types of paranormal creatures.

I'm not adverse to reading other offerings by this author.

Recommend? Yes, I would recommend this book to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment