Monday, December 29, 2014

Kishaz Reading Corner: Star Struck by Jamie Campbell

Disclaimer: I received no compensation from the author or publisher for this honest review.



About the Book

Please note: This is a novelette. Shorter fiction is a fun and quick read, not a full length novel.

Melrose Morgan was your typical teenager, flipping burgers and surviving high school the best she could. Yet all that changed after a chance encounter took her face to face with the world's biggest superstar. Living every girl's fantasy, Melrose falls for one fifth of the most successful boy bands on the planet, Cole Newton. He invites her on a date and she can't help but fall in love with her idol. But in a world that is full of shining stars, can one small town girl really capture the heart of a supernova? Find out in the first installment of the Star Kissed series.

Buy the Book



The Star Kissed Series includes:


Book #2
Amazon
Smashwords

Book #3
Amazon
Smashwords

Book #4
Amazon
Smashwords

Here's what I'm giving it:

Rating: 3 stars

Here's why:

This was a quick read and I'm a little ambivalent about how I feel. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't the best. There were some editing issues and I felt the flow of the story was choppy. Also the fact that this was a nod to a very popular boy band made me fell like this was a fan fiction.

I don't know if I would take a chance on the entire series or not. I'm still on the fence.

Would I recommend this book? Maybe. Depends on the reader's preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment