Thursday, November 19, 2015

Kishaz Reading Corner: The Star King by Susan Grant

About the Book

Lair of the Lion is a  dark-edged and enthralling take on the beloved “Beauty and the Beast” fairy tale. It is the breathtaking story of a beautiful, penniless aristocrat who promises herself to the handsome, powerful, mysterious, and not wholly human Don Nicolai DeMarco in order to free her imprisoned brother—even though legend has it that the Don will destroy any woman he weds.

Buy the Book


Here's what I'm giving it:

Rating: 4 stars

Here's why:

Disclaimer: I got this book from the public library and have received no compensation from the author or publisher for this honest review.

So, I've been doing mostly paranormal reads and thought it prudent to vary up my reading diet with other types of romances.

I've not found that many good science fiction romances, but I'd heard that Ms. Grant was really good at the genre so I picked up this title and decided to give her a shot.

I'm glad that I did. This book started with a literal bang and maintained a nice balance between action, adventure and romance. Plucky heroine with a hero that really has a heart of gold but tries to hide it because it's led to heartache for him.

The worldbuilding was pretty awesome and I could really picture each planet that was visited.


Would I recommend this? Yes. Give yourself the treat of this out-of-this world experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment