Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge 2015 - October #1 Under His Skin


About the Book

Earth girls are never easy. But they're worth it.

Bakery owner Annabelle Sparks' business is booming ever since she won reality TV's Cupcake Wars. The one thing deflating her happy soufflé? The extremely sexy Kaden Chance only sees her as a best friend-and Annabelle wants so much more. After waiting a year for him recognize their chemistry, she's giving up and dating other people.

What she doesn't know is Kaden's heart doesn't actually beat. He's not human. Heck, he's not even from Earth. To retain his intergalactic immunity, no one can ever know he is an extraterrestrial. But when Annabelle starts dating, something strange happens to Kaden's unmoved heart: it begins to beat. Now he faces an impossible choice-tell Annabelle the truth and be deported-or lose his last chance at love.

Buy the Book


Here's what I'm giving it:

Rating: 4 stars

Here's why:

Disclaimer: I received no compensation from the author, Netgalley or the publisher for this honest review.

This book took me a couple of days to read because of family distractions but, I'm sure if I had not been interrupted, I would have finished it in one sitting.

I've read some of Ms. O'Neale's other works and it was nice to see a science fiction romance one in the mix.

I like her treatment of female leads. They are not way over the top strong nor are they overly weak. Annabelle was a nice blend of strength and vulnerability. She knew when to stand her ground and when to bend.

My feelings toward Kaden were a little bit more ambivalent. There were moments that I liked him and moments when he irritated me to no end.

Overall the two leads played off each other well and the secondary characters contributed yet did not detract from the storyline.

Would I recommend this? Yes, I think this book is a good start for this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment