Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Free ebooks Review: Solstice by Jane Redd


Disclaimer: I received no compensation from the author or Swoon Reads for this honest review.



About the Book

Four ways to get Banished from the last surviving city on earth are: 1. Cut out your emotion tracker, 2. Join a religious cult, 3. Create a rebellion against the Legislature, 4. Fall in love.

Jezebel James does all four.

Jez is on the fast-track to becoming a brilliant scientist, with one goal—to save her city from total extinction. Her caretakers have entrusted her with a secret plan to stop the rain from flooding the rest of the earth and start civilization anew. But the more Jez learns about the price of a fresh beginning, the more she realizes that carrying out the plan will lead to few survivors, and among the dead will be those she cares about the most.

Read the Book


Here's what I'm giving it:

Rating: 2.5 stars

Here's why:

I was asked to review this novel without compensation from author, Swoon Reads or anyone else.

When it comes to dystopian novels, it's been hit and miss for me. This one was the same. I didn't hate it or love it. It was okay.

My main problem came with the romance which I was disconnected from. It didn't feel real to me for either character and in some places it felt too forced. Reuben was interesting and I liked the places where he appeared. Also her roommate who did her best to try to break free of their controlled environment lightened up the spots where she came in.

The main character and her "love interest" didn't really pull me in. I wanted more, not sure what that "more" is but I would have liked to have it.


Would I recommend this book? To those who like to read dystopian, they will love this book.