Thursday, July 17, 2014

Kishaz Reading Corner: Cade by V.A. Dold


Disclaimer: I received no compensation from the author or publisher for this honest review.

About the Book

NOTE: Complete novel. No cliffhanger. Dual POV. Rated 18+ for language and strong sexual content. This is an adult paranormal romance with erotic content. The series centers on wolf shifters but also includes vampires, voodoo priestess, a Marine, and magic. These are stand alone books that create a series. They do not need to be read in order.

Anna James is single again, finally. In her opinion, men are self-centered and will never love her for who she is, a beautiful, plus sized woman. All except the fantasy man that she’s been meeting in her dreams for five years.

She just never expected her fantasy to be a real live alpha shifter...

Cade Le Beau isn't what he seems. He’s a billionaire wolf. A Shifter. He laments his missed chance six months ago to meet his fantasy woman in the flesh. Just as his second chance presents itself, his fantasy woman, his mate, is threatened by the local mob boss and her ex-husband. Now, he has forty eight hours to deal with this threat once and for all or chance losing her again.

Is it Anna who’s in danger, or the humans who unwittingly threaten her?

The heat is on the moment they lay eyes on each other. Neither, age, children, horrid ex-husbands, nor mob bosses will stop this love affair.

Buy the Book


Here's what I'm giving it:

Rating:  3.5 stars

Here's why:

This book is actually a 3.5 stars for me. It was a solid urban fantasy/paranormal romance read.

I liked the characters, especially Cade. He had just the right amount of gentleman mixed with bad boy and alpha male. Anna was sweet, yet fierce. Her personality complemented Cade's very well. Her bad guy, Anna's ex-husband, definitely lived up to his nasty demeanor.


I had trouble with the story in a few areas for the following reasons:

1) The secondary characters, when they did appear, did not feel "fully fleshed out" for me. I wanted to see just a little bit more, especially in regards to Cade's and Anne's family members.

2) Though there were explanations to explain the "paranormal" and "magical" aspects of the story, I felt that they were a little vague and that made it hard to suspend belief in some places.

3) Also there is a moment when Anna's personality did a 180 and I found that it didn't feel like it "fit" with her overall behavior. I know authors like to show character growth but that particularly scene didn't work for me.

Would I recommend this book to others? Yes I would. I plan on reading more in the series because I want to know about Cade's six other brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment